Cannabinoids are compounds found in cannabis plants. They are extracted using hydrocarbons to process them. The three main elements in cannabinoids are hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen. Those are also the main elements of our bodies. Suffice it to say that these 3 elements are very common in the world.
Some important facts to know:
- Some hydrocarbons are not harmful to the human body (e.g. plant oils).
- Some hydrocarbons are harmful to the human body (e.g. ethanol).
- You smell and taste hydrocarbons every day.
- If grown, processed, and bottled correctly, CBD contains no harmful hydrocarbons.
- You should be very careful about what CBD products you choose to take, there are many bad products or even imposters. (More on imposters in another blog post later.)
- Some “leading brands” of CBD are not healthy for you. The FDA has fined one popular brand for heavy metals in its CBD.
- Hemp seed oil is not CBD. (More on this later in another blog post.)